Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Anything you've forgotten lately?

Five things that I wish I did, but don't always remember.

1. Check that the towel is within reach, before stepping into the shower.
2. Label stuff in the freezer, so I don't end up serving apple pie with a side dish of mashed potatoes and peas.
3. Look around to see that I have washed up all the plates before I empty the hot soapy water out of the sink.
4. Take the list. A shopping list is a wonderful thing, but not when it's under a magnet on the refrigerator, and I'm in the supermarket trying to remember what was on it. You'd think the magnet with the good-looking hunk that I picked up at the Romantic Times Convention in Pittsburgh would be enough to get my attention.
5. Remember what it was I went upstairs for, without having to go back down again first.

Any of that sound familiar?

Something else you might have been meaning to do, but might have slipped your mind, what with Xmas and the winter solstice and all that - voting in American Title V.

You can go there right now on
http://www.romantictimes.com/news_amtitle.php
or simply vote by e-mail - votes@romantictimes.com

And of course, I hope you’ll remember to put Never Coming Home in the subject line.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Definite "yes" on the list. There needs to be a word for that specific type of amnesia that hits the second you enter a grocery store.

And I voted the first day, so there.

Pat

Evonne Wareham said...

Pat - just shows you that you remember the really important stuff.

Trish Milburn said...

Yep, that all sounds familiar. Something I'm always forgetting is my reusable shopping bags. I find myself in the line at Wal-Mart and realize that my bags are in the trunk of my car. Arrrggh.

Savanna Kougar said...

Oh, I do that with bags, Trish. Of course, sometimes, I'm lucky just to get inside a grocery store...

Yep, I voted!!!